Saturday 23 October 2010

RTAP Lives

Sorry for the unannounced pause in content. I needed a week off. I'll give some forewarning if I ever do that again. Have a new background image to make up for it :3

Back to it then.
This one was found last Saturday on Sauchiehall Street. It was being handed out by a group of preachers standing in front of a "JESUS IS LORD" banner with a cross made of bible verses printed on it. Not that they're over the top or anything.



I dread that I may be beginning to sound like a broken record, but it's almost always the same every time with these sort of tracts. A couple of paragraphs of scary hell talk, since fear and emotional manipulation trump logic and reason every damn time!

I DO find interesting however that the tract seems to be presented in reverse here. Normally, tracts, like any good bad sales pitch, will present you with the SCARY CONSEQUENCES of STUFF before presenting the "Good News" while the reader is nervous about the idea of the SCARY CONSEQUENCES they have just read (I.E. "Hell is a nasty bad place you are totally going to actually but good news because Jesus died for your sins but only if you join our denomination and do exactly what we tell you")


The answer is also still the same. There is yet to be anything thrown at me to convince me of any form of concious existence beyond bodily expiration, and attempting to scare me into swallowing your unproven idea of what lies ahead is certainly not doing you any favours other than demonstrating that scare tactics are all you've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment